Monday, May 13

Review: SEPHORA COLLECTION 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation

This is a fairly new release from Sephora and I believe that this is meant to replace the original Mattifying Compact Foundation.


The old Mattifying Compact Foundation is my favorite powder foundation of all time. It's really mattifying and it lasts for an incredibly long time. My nose does get a little shiny after four to five hours of wear but I just need to blot once and I'm good to go for the rest of the day. It's the kind of foundation that looks better and better as the day goes by. It's truly amazing and affordable and I was so upset when they discontinued it.


I picked up the 8HR Mattifying Compact Foundation with hopes that it is the old Mattifying Compact Foundation with a new name and packaging. Unfortunately, the formulation has also been changed and I need to deal with the fact that my favorite powder foundation has officially been discontinued.

Well, despite the disappointment, the 8HR Mattifying Compact Foundation is still a really good powder foundation. It does wear for a pretty long time and I think it looks much less powdery than the old Mattifying Compact Foundation. However, it tends to fade, especially around my nose, after about five-six of wear and I have to touch up my makeup if I'm out for the whole day. If used right, it can look very natural and not as matte and powdery as most powder foundations.


The color range for the 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation seems to be different as well. I'm in between D25 and D30 for the old Mattifying Compact Foundation and I'm a D25 for the 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation. Both the colors for the old Mattifying Compact Foundation are a tad too pink for me and the 8 HR Mattifying Compact in D25 is a little more yellow and it matches me much better.


Overall, this is still a good foundation and I will get a backup of it soon. I hope Sephora will reformulate the foundation to be more like the old version but in the meantime, my search for the best powder foundation continues...

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Do you think this shade would match Mac NC30?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! NC30 is a little light for me so I'll recommend you check out shades lighter than D25 Beige.

      Delete